Sunday, February 28, 2010

Roasted Red Potatoes with Red Chard



Baby red potatoes (approx 1.5 lbs)
Red chard, chopped into thin strips
Grapeseed oil or olive oil
2 tablespoons unsalted butter (not margarine) , melted
Garlic powder
Dried parsley
Salt

Preheat oven to 400 F. Boil the baby red potatoes until you can easily insert a fork into them. Drain the potatoes and cut into quarters. If you don't like the skin on the potatoes, then I would suggest peeling the potatoes after you boil them, but before you cut them into quarters. Put the quartered potatoes and uncooked red chard into a 13x9 glass pyrex dish. Add just enough grapeseed oil to coat the potatoes and red chard. Add the melted butter, garlic powder, parsley, and salt to taste. Cook for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!

I make this for dinner with BBQ chicken or steak. I also like this dish with a fried egg on top for breakfast. Yummy!!

2 comments:

  1. I tried the red chard with onions and a bit of sugar and they were terrible. I steamed the rest of it and froze it - maybe it'll work in this recipe. It has a weird flavor don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy- I have like the red chard in the dishes I have made it with. But it has always been combined with other ingredients, I have not eaten it by itself. Try it in soup. It taste really good.

    ReplyDelete