Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Ham & Asparagus Wraps with Pasta


My husband has to work almost every night this week. So I thought I would share with you what a typical dinner looks like when I cook for myself. First off, when cooking for myself, I don't generally worry about if the food works together. I cook what I feel like eating and what needs to be used up in our refrigerator. A typical dinner could be broccoli, tater tots, and a fried egg. But if thats what I feel like eating, that is what I cook!

Tonight I knew I needed to use some asparagus and mushrooms that were getting close to spoiling, and I felt like eating pasta. This is what I created.

First I made some Ham & Asparagus wraps that we usually serve as appetizers in our family.

First you boil some asparagus until tender. Once cooked, drain the asparagus and immediately run cold water over it to stop the cooking process. After the asparagus is cool, take a piece of deli ham, spread some cream cheese on the ham, and then wrap it around the asparagus. Its that easy. And trust me, these are yummy and addicting to eat.

Next, I made some buttered pasta with mushrooms. First you boil your pasta until cooked. Drain the pasta. Add butter and garlic powder to the hot pasta and mix until butter is melted. Add sauteed mushrooms, asparagus, and parmesan cheese.

This was a great, easy dinner for one! (AW)

1 comment:

  1. This blog is great source of information about Saint Patrick’s Day which is very useful for me. It very important information about Saint Patrick’s Day
    Thank you very much for this useful information.

    Thanks for this great information.

    BEST HAM ASPARAGUS WRAPS RECIPES FOR SAINT PATRICKS DAY.

    ReplyDelete