Thursday, March 25, 2010

Lemon Chicken with Capers



Chicken is such a versatile concept - you can do like 10 million things to it. So it's always a worthwhile treat when you eat chicken prepared in a way that you've never really had before.

Take this lemon chicken recipe, which Amy busted out on me 2 weeks ago. I was flabbergasted, because it's not in my nature to like lemon, plus capers look weird.

But I overcame my initial prejudice, because this dish was light and tasty. Plus, it's pasta-based, and I am staunchly in favor of taking chicken, preparing it in new and interesting ways, and dumping it over a big pile of pasta. (DW)

This recipe is a light, and flavorful dish. I hardly ever make lemon chicken, but when I do, I am reminded of just how much I enjoy it.

Olive oil
2 boneless chicken breast, cut into thin slices
Lemon pepper (to season chicken breast)
1 tablespoon cold water
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons capers, drained
Salt & pepper to taste
Fresh parsley

Heat oil in pan. Season chicken breast with lemon pepper on both sides. Add to saute pan and cook until no longer pink. Remove chicken from pan, and set aside. In a small bowl, add the cold water and cornstarch, and mix until smooth. Add chicken broth, lemon juice, butter, and cornstarch mixture to the sauté pan you just cooked your chicken in. While stirring sauce, bring it to a boil, and reduce heat. Cook on a simmer for about 10 minutes to thicken. Add capers and chicken back to pan. Heat thoroughly. Add fresh parsley right before serving. Serve over whole wheat pasta. (AW)

No comments:

Post a Comment