Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Tortellini Pasta Salad



I fricking love this pasta salad. It's seriously the Best Thing Ever.

In fact, pasta salad in general is the Best Thing Ever.

I recommend making this in the morning, refrigerating it all day, and serving it cold at night. Everyone will think you're awesome. You'll be the talk of the town, and everyone will clamor to invite you to their barbecues and potlucks.

Here's what I'm saying: This recipe will make you popular. It will help you win friends and influence people. And don't skip the green bell pepper, because that's the secret weapon this thing packs. (DW)

Here is the recipe for one of our favorite summer salads. I always try to keep a package or two of tortellini in freezer, so I can make this in a hurry. I'll give you the ingredients I use in the salad, but, really, you can put just about anything in it. It's very versatile.

1 package of tortellini, cooked & cooled
Olives
Canned artichoke hearts, cut into small pieces
Green bell pepper (sometimes I use broccoli), chopped
Tomatoes, chopped
Parmesan cheese
Italian salad dressing (you can use which ever brand is your favorite)

Put tortellini, olives, artichokes, bell pepper, tomatoes, and parmesan cheese in a large glass bowl. Pour Italian dressing over salad, to your liking. Serve cold. (AW)

No comments:

Post a Comment