Saturday, March 20, 2010

Slow-Cooked Pulled Pork Sandwiches



This dish might be one of my favorite things in the world. If I’m ranking my favorite things in the world, it goes something like this: mid-90’s hip-hop, reruns of “The Cosby Show”, this recipe, and then maybe Hardy Boys books.

It’s not hard, either, OK, people? Quit acting like pulled pork is a hard dish because it’s not. (At least, I’m assuming it’s not; I’ve never heard Amy complain about making this dish. This is what I am basing my assumption on.)

Also, dipping things in ranch may be kind of grade-schoolish, but I don’t care, y’all. DIP THESE SANDWICHES IN RANCH OR YOU’RE A CHUMP. (DW)

1 tablespoon olive oil
3 1/2-4 lbs boneless pork shoulder roast, tied
1 can (10 oz) Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 oz package Lipton's Onion Soup Mix
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons packed brown sugar

Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook until well browned on all sides.

In a separate bowl, combine soup, onion soup mix, ketchup, apple cider vinegar, and brown sugar. Pour mixture into a 5-quart Crock-Pot. Add pork and turn to coat on all sides.

Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or until pork is fork-tender. Remove pork from Crock-Pot and place on a cutting board. Using two forks, shred pork, and return to Crock-Pot. Serve on rolls. (AW)

This recipe was adapted from a Campbell's Pulled Pork Recipe

1 comment:

  1. I saw on 'Good Eats' that browning meat doesn't sear in juices but really does just brown the meat. Could you do this without that step and just throw it all in the crock pot? Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete