Thursday, April 29, 2010

Pan Fried Zucchini with Shallots



I didn't like vegetables growing up. Maybe it's because they looked like they wouldn't taste good. I don't know. But something happened like 10 or 12 years ago, and now I like vegetables and eat so much that I feel like I'm making up for lost time.

I seriously love this recipe, and I love how Amy insists on having side dishes. I'd be happy with one dish meals, but I'm learning that variety makes for a much more enjoyable meal.

This zucchini is one of the tastier things you'll ever have. I don't know what it is, but texture and taste-wise, this is a complete victory for vegetables everywhere!

(I have some vegetarian friends, and they always seem so sad; maybe if they tried this dish, they wouldn't be so mean all the time?) (DW)

Growing up my Dad did the majority of the cooking in our house. At every meal, we always had a meat, a vegetable, and a carbohydrate (potatoes, bread, rice, or pasta). Therefore, that is the way I tend to cook as well. Here is how he used to prepare zucchini for us. When I saw that I got zucchini and shallots in my food box this week, I knew I wanted to make this dish. I served it with tortellini and bread.

Olive oil
1 shallot, chopped
4 zucchinis, sliced
Garlic powder
Salt
Parmesan cheese

In a frying pan, heat a little bit of olive oil. Add shallot and cook for about a minute, or just until they start to get tender. Add zucchini slices, garlic powder, and salt. Cook for about 10 minutes, or until the zucchini is to the desired tenderness. Add parmesan cheese on top, just before serving. (AW)

No comments:

Post a Comment