Friday, April 16, 2010

Farm Fresh to You Friday!



Well, another week is over! I am so excited because I only have to work Monday next week. I took the rest of the week off to hang out with my sister and nephews (ages 3 and 11 months) who are in town visiting and to celebrate my 4 year anniversary with my husband. I am sure it will be a fun, crazy, and busy week!

Here is what I got in my Farm Fresh to You deliver this week: Braeburn Apples, Avocado, Napa Cabbage, Navel Oranges, Tangerines, Lemons, Sweet Potatoes, Minnelo Tangelo, Strawberries, Asparagus, Collard Greens, Celery, Butter Lettuce, Zucchini, Broccoli, Carrots, Red Spring Onion, Cauliflower, and Shallots.

Wow! That is quite a list. I love that spring has arrived so that we are getting some new fruits & vegetables in our box. I had some strawberries last week in my food box, and they were delicious. I look forward to having them again this week. I love zucchini and have two easy ways to make zucchini. I will try to post one of those recipes next week. The only item I am running out of ideas for is cabbage, but I will find a recipe (maybe a Chinese Chicken Salad) because I am determined to use every fruit and vegetable we get in our box within the two week time frame. So far, I have done pretty good finding ways to use it all.

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend! (AW)

No comments:

Post a Comment