Friday, April 2, 2010

Farm Fresh to You Friday!


It’s Friday! That means we got our bi-weekly delivery of fruits & vegetables. Here is what we got this week: Navel oranges, Braeburn apples, Fuji apples, orange tangerines, pears, oranges, Minneola tangelos, strawberries, grapefruit, lemons, green cabbage, artichokes, asparagus, cauliflower, green leaf lettuce, carrots, red beets, yellow onion, Yellow Finn potatoes, baby mixed lettuce, and celery . With the addition of strawberries and asparagus in our box this week, you can that spring is definitely in the air. Our box had two big heads of cabbage in it. I think I will try to make some cabbage soup, or maybe some cabbage rolls this week.

It has been such a busy week that I hardly had any time to cook. I look forward to next week, where I might have a little more time to cook dinner. We also have been working on cleaning up an area of our backyard that had three big grape vines so we can start planting our garden soon. I want to get some zucchini, tomatoes, jalapeño peppers, and herbs planted. I love this time of year! (AW)

1 comment:

  1. Look at all those good veggies! Good luck with the garden. We're doing our second one this year, too and love it! All your food is looking tasty, healthy and creative - way to go!

    Erin Bryant

    ReplyDelete